Sunday, December 12, 2010

There were ten in the bed....

We bought a kind sized bed about a year ago. It seems that our old Queen was not enough to hold us, the cats, and the numerous children that seem to find their way in each night.

I woke up the other morning with two little girls snuggled up with one another next to me in bed. (The cat was also between my head and Al's head, but that's not as cute). Aisling had her arms wrapped around Siobhan, and Siobhan was rubbing her fingers in Aisling's hair. It was such a special little moment, it almost made the fact that I had no room in the bed irrelevant. (almost)

I think they'd been there for a few hours, since I vaguely remembered them coming in during the night. Note: they are taking up my entire side of the bed. (Yes, that is a cat on her head, and no the bed rail is not for me, it's for moments like this)

I guess that's not such a bad sight to wake up to!

1 comment:

Shel said...

So fabulous! I keep telling Dave that we really need to upgrade to a king size bed too! All of us in the queen size leaves something to be desired! :) I love waking up with all of us together. Some of my favorite memories are these moments! :)