Monday, April 6, 2020

Social distancing ... day 24

Another Monday.

Last night was a rough night. I was not able to sleep, and Siobhan was not able to sleep. I had some concerning news from one of my students which kept me awake. Siobhan was awake all night and just teary. This is a rough time for everyone and some days it just hits us really hard.

While I was awake I kept thinking that I should work on writing a letter to each of my kids, in case I get sick. But I'm not sure how to encapsulate all of my thoughts and feelings into a letter. The finality of doing something like that also just feels like so much to bear. I'd like to, we'll see if I am able to. 

Today was the first day that schools moved from enrichment learning to remote learning. This means that the kids are all required to complete the assignments they were given in order to receive credit. The schools for Connor and Aisling are moving from letter grades to pass/fail. That’s unfortunate but likely for the best. Once this is over it is going to be a learning curve to figure out how to get everyone to the same place in the fall. 

Siobhan settled right in and made her schedule. She opted to do it in the order of her usual class schedule. 
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1ZlnCG7_j3hJ-CABuO5FORBzWMwf-t98L

This morning the dogs dug up a bunny nest and brought a dead baby rabbit into the house. This happened at the same time I realized I was late for a meeting. It was a crazy morning. 
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=16jnSGz-iMLA2LW2ODwAuevmlHzGu-w3n

This afternoon was beautiful outside. Connor helped me to grab the outdoor furniture to start setting it up. Soon we could eat outside. 

Aisling and I took a walk today. Everyone else was busy so it was just the two of us. 
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1ctN15sDK5AB1XJ_V5V29RHRg2D55MuGX
I do love that kid. 

It was overall a beautiful day outside and a busy day inside. The kids had a slightly increased level of work paired with an increase in dance classes. Siobhan also had a Girl Scout meeting. 

Aisling joined us in watching a movie tonight, which she never does. That was nice. 
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1-ysBJq2IiP1BQfrhHHHOhDzo6_cc59qv
A little “Lorax” to end the day. 

Have a great Tuesday everyone. 


No comments: