Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Busy

Are you seeing a theme here?!
I am LOVING my classes and my new job. Love doesn't even seem like strong enough a word. I am doing what I was meant to be doing and it's awesome and exciting. It's also overwhelming and terrifying and exhausting. My classwork has added at least 15 hours of work to each week, if not more. Add that to the fact that I am suddenly working full time for the first time in ten years, and, well, you get the idea. The big kids both played baseball this spring as well as maintained dance lessons and scouts. I am so glad they are able to do this stuff, and it definitely is making them well-rounded kids, but it makes life a drain sometimes. Al and I hardly see each other on a daily basis anyway, but add all of this into the mix, and, well, days go by before we are able to have a conversation. I am hoping that when I finish this classwork (next April) that this speed slows down a little bit. I hope that in the meantime people understand why we may not be showing up to every social event offered. It's not you, it's me; I swear. ;)

Understand, however, that this is the choice we've made. We have had conversations with people multiple times who ask us things like: Why do we still have Wyatt? Was Siobhan an accident? What were we thinking? This is the life we have chosen, and we have talked very seriously every step along the way. I wouldn't change it for anything. Wyatt is here because we love him and at this point could not picture our lives without him. When his presence is no longer feeding our souls our our children's' souls (or his soul) well, then we will discuss his moving on. Siobhan was absolutely not an accident. We always wanted a big family, and, through the grace of God, we have that.

It often feels like people are "worried" about us. I understand that, I do. Sometimes I do question the choices we've made. But, don't worry about us. We're fine. (We could sometimes use a little help with some babysitting.... if anyone's interested!) ;)

I just felt the need to get that off my chest. Continue to stay tuned for updates on our life. I hope to be adding some pictures soon of trips we've taken recently.

Thanks for all the love!

No comments: