Friday, September 19, 2008

school, marshmallows, and the circus

When you're screaming in the morning because you aren't given the peanut butter toast you want, you may have marshmallows as a consolation prize. Lesson learned.It turns out we didn't take the camera to the fair. None of the four times we went. However, I did promise you a unicycle story, so here it is. Aisling and Connor earned a free day at the fair for reading their summer books. They went with Al, as I had to work that day. Al reports that Aisling participated in one of the shows by riding on the shoulders of a person riding a unicycle while doing dog tricks. My crazy brave girl! When the kids got back from the fair, they had high aspirations of becoming carnies themselves. (Dream big kids....) I've included for you a video of their first ever circus. It's good stuff. Be prepared for the not-quite-so surprise ending.



School has started of course. We are now a proud family of fifth grader, first grader, preschooler, and babyroomer.
Wyatt's classroom is now upstairs, so he gets to ride the elevator multiple times during the day. I don't know what he thinks of that, but I would think it were cool if it were me. (But I am a very simple person).

Connor's teacher has a guinea pig in the classroom. He is extremely excited about that. I don't hear about much else about his day, but I know for a fact Zack the guinea pig is healthy and happy.Aisling is again in preshcool, with the same teacher, which we managed to convince her was actually way cooler than it sounded. She enjoys taking care of the new younger preschoolers, mostly by trying to talk to them while they are still sleeping during nap time.
Siobhan has, of course, also started day care. She is in the baby room, with the other babies. She doesn't tell me much about her day.
I have also gone back to work. Milton is a town that passes its school budgets notoriously late. Like, July late. For those of you unfamiliar with school spending, let me explain to you what that means. We put a budget together and present it to the town in March. They turn it down. We present another one to them in May. They turn it down. We then present another one in July. Thankfully, that one they passed. (Saving themselves about 10 cents each in the process. Thank GOD we fought for that money). Anyway, when the budget is not passed, we are not allowed to make any purchases. We were in desperate need for a new accessible bathroom for our needy students. This was not able to be started until August. (remember, the budget). we go back to school in August........ The bathroom was created by taking away 2/3 of my office. So, when I returned to work I literally had NO office. It was gutted. Now, remember back to May, folks. I was scheduled for a C-section on May 19th. Instead, on May 7th my water broke. This left me no time to get my room cleaned up for the summer. So, all my stuff was thrown into boxes and stored in random places throughout the building. The first few weeks have found me scouring the school in search of curriculum, pens, pencils..... I finally got my office back today, but have no phone cord, or computer cord. *sigh*. At least we'll get a new bathroom!

We redid the girls' bedroom. We will post pictures, once we actually take some. Aisling now has a little reading lamp above her bed. Tonight, for some odd reason, she decided to put Barbie into the lamp. Lo and behold, Barbie's hair melted to the lamp. Aisling decided to peel it off. The screaming was impressive. All of her poor little fingertips got burned. I would assume she's learned her lesson, poor baby.



Just being silly:
the making of the silliness:

No comments: