Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Yum!

Today we had a snow day (duh, I think pretty much the entire country, (except perhaps Florida) had a snow day). We decided to try a new recipe that my dear friend Shel recommended to us. I am so glad we did! It was so fun and easy. It's for "snow cream".

Here is the recipe:
1 cup of cream (we used half and half)
1/2 cup sugar
1 table spoon vanilla
4 to 6 cups of fresh clean snow
Mic the first three ingredients together then fold in the snow. Do not over mix or it will become slush. We also added some chocolate syrup to ours, because, well, everything's better with chocolate!

It was so delicious! It tasted like cold, melty, vanilla ice cream!
Here are some pics: (Connor was at a friend's house, so he didn't get to try it. I guess we will have to make more later.... oh poor us...)(Good thing sugar doesn't affect them....)

2 comments:

Shel said...

And once again I am left wishing we lived closer! I am so glad that you and the girls enjoyed the recipe! Truly, it could not be any easier or any more delicious! So yummy! And after all, what better way to help make a dent in some of this huge amount of snow we've had this winter! :)

sfrugoli said...

Great pictures of lovely girls. I really like the top one - printed it for my sitting room gallery!