Friday, February 27, 2009

Where did it go?

What happens when you come across a water filled toy, and find it devoid of water? Well, clearly the water had to go somewhere, right? In this house, it apparently takes a few days to figure that out. In the mean time, all of your baby's toys (many of the plush) will be getting soaking wet. Glorious.

I took the kids outside yesterday (It's winter vacation week). I've been sending them outside twice a day, but yesterday I was actually able to join them. It was a blast! Siobhan is big enough to go in the baby swing, once we poured hot water over it to unfreeze it from the ground! She can't move her arms, but I think she liked it. Both she and Aisling are wearing snow suits that are too small. Siobhan is squished in hers, and is probably uncomfortable, and Aisling is like a bad commercial for a stomach flab reducer pill. She has to suck her stomach in, hold her breath, and let me button her snow pants. (She's a woman, she'd better get used to that someday anyway! She'll have PMS someday...) However, I REFUSE to let them wear their new snowsuits. Yes, I own them. However, there's something about starting the new season with new clothes that I rather like. Yes, I realize that I sound like a dork forcing my kids into too small clothing while brand new bigger clothing sits in the basement with the tags on. But, my kids generally don't get new clothing, and I want to savor it next winter! (Go ahead and call DCF now, it's fine).

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh they don't look uncomfortable at all!
Too beautiful, thanks for sharing!

sfrugoli said...

Great --love to get the pictures --and the commentary is always fun to red - good job!
Love,
Grandma (Sue)

Unknown said...

Oh the joy of snow as a parent :)
I remember there were days when I would keep saying the same thing over and over, oh and over.

I used to threaten the kids where is my tape recorder? Let me just push a button. You gotta laugh or you would cry :)

It doesn't get change when they are older. The difference is that they scoff at you and say MOM (in a whiny voice) I know. I've learned to say "I was just checking."

Congratulations to Connor on his b-day. I know some would say I am late but HAHA I am early for next year!

I have a theory---When the kids are little they have no stress. All they need to do is find another place to play. It could be with or without snowpants?

This is where natural consequences comes in. I was once in a restaurent with a friend who had a son about our son's age. The other boy was refusing to put on his shoes. Just refusing! The other mom--my friend asked me what do I do?

My response was just take him by the hand and walk out to the car. BUT I would walk out and over every rough puddly thing I could find on the way to the car.

She never had that problem again! Natural consequences.

My mom who had 3 girls had a box. If any of us were very forgetful etc it would end up in the box. Mom would keep the box in the garage and depending on how frustrated she was would mean that she would decide when we get the item back.

These are the days where you will look back and say oh yeah I remember those days.....Heather Next big hurdle is driving a car.---Mom I didn't see at the gas station BIG WHITE TANK that holds the gas. Sorry?! You are sorry?! Do you know that we are so lucky that we didn't blow up?

It is always the details---yeah right.

The Albuquerque Tuckers :)