Wednesday, August 20, 2008

That's how I roll....

I took the kids to Dunkin Donuts this morning. I needed coffee in a bad way, and figured I'd buy them a treat, it being the last day of summer vacation and all. When I got back from my walk they were in their pajamas, but I figured we'd just go through the drive through. When we got there they decided they wanted chocolate milk, which I think you can only get from inside. So, they went into the store looking like this:Oh yes, I am THAT mother. As we were in line, I waffled between the yummy route (chocolate munchkins) and the healthy route (an egg white flat bread sandwich). As I was weighing pros and cons, guess who I saw....My Weight Watchers leader. Oh yes, there I am, ordering sugar, carbs, and empty calories for my children, while toying with the idea of doing the same for myself, right in front of my proud skinny leader. Maybe that's how the program is so successful; they just have leaders follow you around to see what you are ordering. needless to say, I went with the flatbread sandwich.

You'll be thrilled to know that they are still in their pajamas, upstairs watching a movie. Hey, if you're gonna do it do it right.

2 comments:

aviendra said...

bravo!

I think it is supremely healthy and a good parenting lesson to let everything go now and again and just chill on all fronts.

AJinVT said...

You are the burst of reassurance I need every now and then. Thanks for that!