Monday, August 17, 2020

Social distancing .... day 157

Monday. 

I’ve never sent a child to college. I’ve sent Wyatt to live in residential care; but that was (mostly) fundamentally different.  

We leave tomorrow morning. Today was filled with mild feeling of panic. I spent part of the day running through all the things I didn’t tell him; all the lessons I didn’t teach him; and all the ways I didn’t prepare him. I combated that panic by writing him a letter. It helped me to calm down. I can’t know if it will help him, or even if it makes any sense. :)

The past few days have been crazy around here. On Friday night Connor began not feeling well. He awoke on Saturday wirh a fever and headache. Given that those are symptoms of covid-19 we spent a good lenth of time on the phone with the doctor trying to figure out what to do. We ended up going to urgent care and getting him tested. We walked on eggshells until we heard, tonight, that his test was negative. 

While I know it’s a challenge to send any child to college, it feels remarkably stressful now during this pandemic. Schools all around are seeing an increase in cases. We feel confident that temple is doing all the right things; but still there’s a layer of worry. 

At any rate, the car is packed and he’s as ready as he will ever be. https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1H9hidmuG2pEFOEnYDimgAxA7iDQ03nfo

No comments: