Saturday, November 15, 2008

My trip to the doctor

Wyatt had a doctor's appointment today. He was scheduled to go to the hospital for a swallow study. (This is where he gets to drink lots of yummy Barium and they get to watch him while he eats a variety of things. This helps us to keep track of what he's able to eat and how we can best keep him safe while helping him learn to feed himself.) ANYWAY....

His appointment was at 10:30. I left work at 9:30; picked him up at 9:45, and off we went. Got to the hospital at 10:30. Got out the wheelchair, my purse, all the crap that we need to bring everywhere we go, and were on our way. I took extra care to lock the doors, which I don't always do, because we were in a creepy parking garage.

We made it to the information desk, and we were told we needed to register. Great, now it's 10:40, and I need to register before I can even get to my 10:30 appointment? So, I go ahead and sit down to wait, then we go back to register. I sit down with the woman, who seems to be having a very difficult time finding Wyatt in the computer. I'm hearing a lot of "huh". Turns out, we weren't supposed to be there that day. So, after lots of phone calls and keyboard clicks, we find out we have an appointment Wednesday. Great. By this time, Wyatt is complaining miserable that we're still there. (I later find out that my appointment was cancelled and re-scheduled. By whom I'll never know....)

So, we turn around and head back out. Boy, that was a day off work well spent.... As we head back to the car (Which I actually find without walking around the entire garage for an hour and a half) I notice.... that the door to the back of the van is WIDE open! I took all that care locking the door, but left the back door wide open when I took out the wheelchair. Didn't I feel like a complete idiot walking over to this wide open car in the middle of the creepy parking garage. well, of course then I had to check every nook and cranny of the van to make sure there were no bogey men hiding inside!

So, one changed appointment, one van left wide open, and one wasted day off. Super. Which was worse, this appointment, or the one on Monday where all three kids, and myself, got the flu shot? Both were a barrell of laughs, I guess.
Post a Comment