Thursday, October 2, 2008

less than perfect

Raising four children is turning out to be much more difficult than it appears.

I now have received an overdue fine from both the town library as well as the school library; I completely forgot about a hair cut I had scheduled, and didn't even show up. I am now living with ridiculous hair in need desperate of a hair cut because I am too embarrassed to call back. I did the same thing to my dentist not one, but two times, and got a little nasty gram from them asking me to either step up or go elsewhere; (I am therefore living with a chipped tooth in need of a crown, because I don't want to call them back either. I also don't want to admit that I actually need a crown for crying out loud). I've shown up late to work basically every day since I've been back, and I've developed a lovely little addiction to caffeine. We haven't done groceries in about two months, and the evening dinner routine consists of cell phone conversations of "Honey I'm the frozen food section. What do you want for dinner, and do we need anything else?" That makes for extremely unhealthy eating. Hence, I haven't attended weight watchers in a while, and shudder to think what the scale may say. Then there are the other days when I actually forget to eat, those are fun too. I basically pay my bills only when they send out those friendly reminders that say "Do you want your electricity? PAY UP". I have not, at this point, lost any children, but I am sure it's only a matter of time. I also have never left the house in slippers or anything like that, but stay tuned.

We went for our annual apple picking trip last weekend, and, as usual, had a blast. When I get pictures back I will share them.
Although here's one good one of Aisling:We did take the annual apple picking trip picture with all the kids.Here's one (not so great) picture:

Here's what it took to get that picture:


Also, what do you do when the baby cries? Share your Pokemon cards of course.We've started giving Siobhan cereal with dinner. I really, really wanted to wait until she was six months old. (She's four months and three weeks). However, this baby is truly a Frugoli baby! She's been eying us eating our food for about three weeks now, and last week started fussing and crying when we wouldn't share with her. apparently, she's been doing the same thing at day care, and tomorrow will start getting cereal at lunch as well. For what it's worth, Connor also started food at four months, only his first food was black beans while at the Hard Rock Cafe in Miami. It's the only thing that would console him!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I LOVE the pretty Autumn dress you gave your blog! Keep up the good work. You are a star and your children,gems!