Tuesday, April 5, 2011

A little about me!

I don't usually post about myself here, as I really consider this blog to be about my kids. But, I thought I would explain my lengthy absence from the blog. (You know, for the five readers who noticed). I've recently begun taking classes toward becoming a BCBA. (Board Certified Behavior Analyst). I need to take 15 months worth of classes followed by a test. I am also required to do a few months of supervised internship, which I can do through my job. This is something I considered doing when I was in grad school. I opted to get my special education certification instead, but always wondered if I had made the right choice. I am so thrilled to have the opportunity presented to me once again to work in the field that I really love so much. I'm so excited about the opportunity, and cannot believe how much I am enjoying working once again with children with behavioral difficulties.

Anyway, basically this classwork entails about 2 hours per night of homework. It's an online class, based out of Florida Tech, so it's all self directed. But, it's a lot of course work. Right now I have a quick two week break between classes, so I have some free time to update the blog. When classes are in session, no time at all!

So, over the next few days I will try to post some updates about what the kids have been up to. We'll see how much I can get done!

No comments: