Sunday, March 6, 2011

Getting older!

Not me, of course!

Connor just turned nine a few weeks ago. I'd say I'm having a hard time believing it, but that would be a lie because BOY has he started with the attitude of a pre-teen! Yikes we are in trouble in a few years.

For his birthday this year Connor opted to have some friends go ice skating with him, and then he invited a couple of friends to sleep over. The group of friends that he invited is a group of kids with whom he has been friends since first grade. They are a great group of friends, and I hope they remain friends.

It was a great celebration and everyone had a great time. At the sleepover, one of his friends had to go home early (like, 3:00 AM early!) because he got sick. That was a bummer, but not surprising for my life!

Enjoy the pictures of his big day! (Al had come from a cub scout event, that's why he's wearing his uniform. I assure you it's not generally a wardrobe choice for him...!)

Our big nine year old!

Connor and Quinten!
These guys are two days apart,
and were roommates in the hospital.

Yes, my son is a nut. I know.

The best group of friends you could ever want for you kid.

The girls!
The sisters and Connor's Godfather's daughters
(who are the exact same age as Siobhan and Aisling)

Seriously.
She just makes me smile!

Is any party really complete without frosting covered two year olds?
I did not make this year's cake.
I know, it bugs me too.

Overall, I'd say he had a great birthday. He got a lot of money and gift cards for his birthday, and was able to use that plus his own money to buy a DSi. He's pretty proud of that.

I am still reeling from the fact that he is nine. He is turning into a wonderful boy, of whom I am very proud. He has an amazing way with both of his sisters. He is so kind and gentle to both of them, and is genuinely concerned if they are not feeling well or something happens. He is an amazing friend too, and I love to watch him around his friends. He has always had an extremely high level of energy, and that has certainly not changed! As he gets older though he has figured out how to channel that into positive things, like dance. He dances constantly and really loves it. I think he's pretty good at it too! He's a bright kid and it's so fun to watch him learn and figure things out. Now that he's getting older it's exciting to sit and have conversations with him about things in the world. He has a great perspective on the world.

Connor, happy happy birthday! I love you very much and am so proud of who you are becoming.


Last year I actually had time to make him a birthday video.
I didn't have time to do that this year, but here's a link to last year's.

No comments: